Operations and Maintenance
We understand integration of processes to maintain and develop the agreed upon services which support and improve the effectiveness of the infrastructure. Our mission is to provide operations and maintenance services as a sustainable turn-key solution with multidisciplinary operations and maintenance and facilities support services, leveraging our proven in-house expertise in areas such as water, power and transportation.
At Headway, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) typically includes the day-to-day activities necessary for the building/facility and its systems and equipment to perform their intended function. A facility cannot operate at peak efficiency without being operated and maintained properly using an integrated approach. Our approach to facility management includes all of the aspects of integrated fields devoted to the coordination of operation, maintenance, space, infrastructure, and staff and their associated activities that optimizes facility efficiency and usage. The major divisions within our facility management team include operations and maintenance, custodial, landscaping, contracting, and commissioning.
During any given project we provide our client with guidance in some of the following O&M areas:
- Computer Aided Facilities Management
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- O&M Manuals
- Real Property Inventory
Our philosophy at Headway is that maintenance activities should include preventive, predictive (planned), maintenance, corrective (repair), and deferred maintenance (Reliability Centered Maintenance).
Proper operation of facility and its components is important to maximize the efficiency and financial profits of the facility(s). In our projects we’ve setup automated systems, with the proper balancing of installed equipment, and the proper staffing of personnel to monitor and oversee the facility. Our O&M services team brings a knowledgeable, skilled, and well trained management and technical staff and a well-planned operation plan (OP) and maintenance program (MP).
The goals of our comprehensive operation plan and maintenance program includes the following:
- Improve operational balance
- Ensure proper staff coverage
- Set hours of operation to ensure energy efficiency
- Capture contacts for contracts and essential services to maximize response times
- Provide a quick reference for facility isolations for emergency response
- Reduce capital repairs and costs
- Reduce unscheduled shutdowns and repairs
- Extend both equipment life and facility life
- Realize life-cycle cost savings
- Provide safe, functional systems and facilities that meet the design intent
- Provide the proper data to plan and staff the facility(s)